Hi, I'm John
I'm a father, husband and photographer. It is an honour to be invited to photograph a wedding. I know how important a wedding day is, and how enjoyable it is to remember it and to show and leave your legacy to future generations.
Photography has been my passion for almost 30 years. I started with film and made black and white prints in the darkroom. As a scientist, I have a Ph.D. with research in Expert performance. It has helped me to be thorough, a support for the wedding couples and to photograph the decisive moments that builds your wedding story. Furthermore, I compete in the worlds most prestigious photography tournaments, to constantly push my self in order to evolve.
I believe that...
- A wedding is one of the most memorable days in life.
- A wedding book or album is a family heirloom that will be cherished for generations to come.
- Environmental friendly products are recommended, so support our future live on this planet.
- Everyone can be coached to bring out their best.
- Quality pays off in the long run.
- Safety and security are important to all parties.
- Proper preparation, training and equipment improves the results.
- It's wonderful to capture the decisive moments that occur naturally.
- Everyone has something unique that is worth showing off.
- One should try to understand before before trying to be understood.
- Love needs nurtured to grow.
- Marriage is worth celebrating!
International award-winning quality
As a photo customer, one should use a real professional photographer, which according to the Swedish Handicraft Council are those who have passed the SFF qualification (called Gesäll test) in photography. On important occasions that are not coming back, the photographers who regularly perform in the top of international print competitions are recommend. John is one of the few Swedes who regularly wins international awards in the world's biggest competitions for portraits and wedding photographers.
Here are some of the latest merits:
- Winner of Gold Award and third price in the "unofficial World Championship" for portrait and wedding photographers, WPPI print competition in Las Vegas.
- Vinner of the Swedish National Championship in wedding photography according to SvPF's international jury.
- Captured the Wedding Photograph of the Year according to SvPF's international jury.
- National Team Photographer representing Sweden in the World Photograpic Cup (WPC).
- Ranked as the best wedding photographer in Stockholm by the international jury One Eyeland
Furthermore, John is invited as a member of Best of Wedding Photography. He is also a member of Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI), Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP), Swedish Association of Professional Photographers (SFF), and Swedish Portrait Photographers Federation (SvPF). Johns' photographs have been published in several books and wedding magazines, and he has also done photography assignments for national TV.