Wedding photographer in Sweden
A wonderful Persian–American wedding in Sweden
Nina and Sam got married at Såstaholm Hotel & Conference in Täby, north of Stockholm center, in Sweden. I had the honour of being their wedding photographer during this Persian - American - Swedish wedding day. Above is an image from an emotional moment during the traditional Persian wedding ceremony.
<Contact portrait and wedding photographer John Hellstrom via email: john(at)hellstrom.com or mobile phone: 0046-(0)733-668600>
Place:Såstaholm Hotell & Konferens Date: 2016-Aug-06
I see you! Nina is doing her make-up.
Walking through the gates to Såstaholm
Supporting wedding vendors and details
- The wedding dress: Garamaj
- The costume: Lund and Lund
- Wedding rings: Hallberg and Marco Franco
- Flowers: Made by Jasmine Jansson
- Hair & Makeup: Hair was done by Fredrik Olofsson (Hair) and make-up done by Johanna Rosenquist
- Dinner & cake: Såstaholm Hotel & Conference
- Wedding book / album / photobook: Design by photographer John Hellstrom
First look, and the groom is about to see his becoming wife
Walking toward the reception
About Såstaholm Hotel & Conference
Såstaholm describes themselves: "The mansion was for over 60 years known as “Höstsol” (Autumn Sun), prime residence for many of Swedens old actors and actresses, where they could enjoy the beautiful and peaceful surroundings after they retired from the theater stages. We take pride in our vibrant and colorful history and honor it by allowing links to our past shine through in everything we do and what you perceive as our guest. The difference from the past is that today it is you who has the lead role. Såstaholm has 93 hotel rooms, both single rooms and double rooms, superior rooms and a wedding suite. Our hotel rooms are situated in our mansion as well as our four wings. All rooms are named after a star that once upon a time was a guest here."Together with their bridesmaids and groomsmen
Outside Såstaholm at night, during the wedding reception
Q&A with the bridal couple
How did you meet?
– Nina and I met at KTH in the chemistry laboratories where we both worked.
How did you decide to get married?
– I proposed to Nina in our old apartment on the 4th of September of 2015 and she said yes.
What moments were extra special during your wedding day? What happened?
– The Persian ceremony was extra special for us during the wedding day.
What did you like about the place you got married?
– The location was amazing, particularly near a lake and the nature surrounding the hotel. The experience was exceptional with the hospitality shown by the hotel staff.
Something about your wedding trip?
– We have been vacationing in Nueva Andalucia, just outside of Marbella. Relaxing trip sitting in the sun and swimming in the pool and the beach.
Images by wedding and portrait photographer John Hellstrom from Stockholm, Sweden. Contact John here.